Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rite Aid: $50 of stuff for .17 out of pocket and a $2 Single Check Rebate! Woot!

So I had a few hits and misses at Rite Aid today:
Hit: they had more than enough bounty paper towels for me to stock up with the PG deal
Miss: only 7 tissue boxes in stock, when I wanted 10, so I could get the mystery $3 +UPR I keep hearing about...
Miss: Vicks Sinex was NOT on sale even though I've read that they are count towards the buy $30 get $10 PG deal
Hit: Everything else I needed was there. =)
So, I got ALL of this:
for .17 out of pocket and expect back a $2 Single Check Rebate for the Malox! I also rec. $22 +UPR!
Here's what I did:
4 Bounty Paper Towels $6.97
Crest Toothpaste $2.97 (Buy $30 PG get $10 +UPR)
Clearasil $4.39 ($1 +UPR)
2 Dixie Paper Plates $3.99 bogo
7 Rite Aid Tissues $7 (with $7 +UPR)
3 Rite Aid Toilet Paper $.95 x 3 (with $3 +UPR)
2 Halls $1.50 ea ($1 +UPR wyb 2)
Malox $3.59
=$51.43
-$4/$20 Rite Aid Video Values January 
-$1 any Rite Aid purchase Video Values January
-4 $1/1 Bounty PG $100 Coupon Book
-$1/1 Crest PG $100 Coupon Book
-$3/2 Dixie Paper Plates Rite Aid Video Values January
-2 $1/1 Halls printables (no longer available)
-.50/1 Halls Defense Rite Aid Video Values January
-$2/1 Clearasil printable (no longer available)
-$2/1 Clearasil In Ad Coupon
-$5/1 Malox 1/9 SS
-$20 +UPR 
-$11 +UPR
=.78?
It never ceases to amaze me how each week my Wellness Discount makes my total COMPLETELY wonky. 
My total at the end was only .17! 
There wasn't ANY tax and whatever I do to add it up it always comes out wrong. So, I'm taking a picture of my receipt to prove how much I spent =) I also *think* the Rite Aid registers adjust down tax as they take off coupons--that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Anyways, it was .17 out of pocket and I can submit my receipt for $2 SCR for the Malox making this a moneymaker! Woot! I love being paid to take home stuff I need! Especially paper towels as it was a wicked emergency! 
I also received $22 in +UPR!

My favorite part? Handing over a big shiny quarter as payment and receiving change!!!!
Wooooooo hooooo!!!

My other favorite part? Meeting a fellow couponer in store! It's always nice to have company during my early morning Rite Aid run! =)

1 comment: